Expert Insights, Part 3: Health Optimization (Breather Episode with Brad)
*This episode is full of life-changing insights from an assortment of experts on the subject of health optimization and biohacking.*
Sure, we all already know about the importance of building healthy habits, but taking it a step further and learning why your brain prefers to engage in the familiar will leave you more motivated to actually make those necessary changes that optimize your health. And this goes beyond the physical — mental health obviously stills falls under the umbrella of health optimization, and this show will prompt you to ask yourself many thought-provoking questions, like: can I make it through one day with no whining, no complaining, and no excuses?
Some other key points covered during this episode:
* *The importance of service.* Tom Bilyeu of the popular Impact Theory ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnYMOamNKLGVlJgRUbamveA ) YouTube channel says: “Work your ass off at something you care very deeply about to get very good, so you can serve not only yourself, but others.”
* Because *the brain tends toward down wiring to save energy,* try to be intentional about creating new habits. One of the best things you can do for yourself is create a morning routine ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4s&v=2ALvlfrSjJI ) you can stick to, as *it sets you up to be a more disciplined person throughout the day.* Otherwise, you’ll find yourself slipping into old habits.
* Do your best to protect yourself against EMF exposure ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2020/03/17/brian-hoyer/ ). “We don’t know certain effects on humans, but we do know that rates of autism have risen from 1 in 1,000 to 1 in 68 in a very short time, a few generations,” Tommy Wood ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2019/12/03/tommy-wood-3/ ) comments, and chances of developing Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other cognitive decline conditions are now 1 in 2. Experts believe this is strongly correlated with environmental pollution, particularly EMF, as well as dietary choices (forget about Type 2 Diabetes, watch out for Type 3!).
* *Fast on days you fly.* When you’re in a plane, you’re exposed to a lot of EMF. But when you are in a fasted state, your internal antioxidant production is boosted. Also, if you fast and wait to eat until after you’ve arrived at your destination, this will greatly help your body adapt more quickly to the time difference.
* *Protect your personal reputation.*
* Value your time more than your own possessions. *Be early.* Pete Caroll points out that *there is a difference between being early and being on time:* Being early demonstrates not just a high regard for yourself, but also for others, while showing that you have discipline and focus.
Thanks for listening!
Work your ass off at something you really care about. [01:39]
When you build good habits, you free up more energy to work on peak performance. [02:51]
Building good habits at bedtime is very important. The same routine helps get optimal sleep. [07:14]
Take five deep breaths before responding to a stimulus. [08:06]
From 12 to 3:00 AM are the critical hours where the remnants of mammalian hibernation lie for our species. [09:07]
Electromagnetic Field exposure and poor diet are of real concern. The brain cells are most sensitive to dysfunction. [10:29]
Before plane travel, it’s a good idea to fast and/or do a high-intensity workout before boarding a plane. [13:34]
Pete Carroll, the football coach, gives tips for success. One is always to protect the team; two is no complaining, and three is to be early. [17:13]
Remember that you will die. Value your time rather than possessions. Put your life up for review. [21:00]
* Brad’s Shopping Page ( http://www.bradkearns.com/shop/ )
* Impact Theory ( https://impacttheory.com/ )
* Brad’s Morning Routine ( https://www.google.com/search?aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0i22i30i457j0i22i30l5j69i60.8944j0j7&ie=UTF-8&oq=brad%26%2339%3Bs+morning&q=brad+kearns+morning+routine&sourceid=chrome )
* Dr. Ron Sinha ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2019/08/09/sinha2/ )
* Dr. Jack Kruse Podcast ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2020/10/23/a-circadian-rhythm-24-hour-tour-inspired-by-dr-jack-kruse-insights-part-1/ )
* Dr. Joe Mercola ( https://www.mercola.com/ )
* Tommy Wood ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2019/03/08/tommyb-2/ )
* Brad’s podcast with Brian Hoyer ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2020/03/17/brian-hoyer/ )
* Brad’s podcast with Gordo Byrn ( https://www.bradkearns.com/2020/04/10/gordo-byrn-essays/ )
*Join Brad for more fun on:*
Instagram: @bradkearns1 ( https://www.instagram.com/bradkearns1/ )
Facebook: @bradkearnsjumphigh ( https://www.facebook.com/bradkearnsjumphigh )
Twitter: @bradleykearns ( https://twitter.com/bradleykearns )
YouTube: @BradKearns ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4XXEoULD0AiiuPHdRw-Efg )
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to email@example.com. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t sell out to anyone if he doesn’t love the product. Ask anyone.
* Almost Heaven Sauna ( http://almostheaven.com/ ) : Affordable at-home sauna kits for the ultimate relaxation and hormonal boost on demand
* Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: ( http://bradventures.com/ ) Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
* CAR.O.L bike: ( http://carolfitai.com/ ) Cardiovascular optimized logic stationary bike for a highly effective eight-minute workout
* Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): ( http://bradkearns.com/mofo ) Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
* Perfect Keto: ( http://perfectketo.com/ ) The cleanest, purest, most potent ketone supplements and snacks
* LetsGetChecked ( http://lgc.com/brad ) : At-home medical testing with great prices, quick results, and no hassles
* Vuori Activewear: ( http://vuori.com/ ) The most comfortable, functional, and fashionable gear, evoking the chill SoCal coastal lifestyle
*Donations* ! ( https://app.redcircle.com/shows/db49934a-7fb1-4002-b81a-c97adbb869a6/donations )
This free podcast offering is a team effort from Brad, Daniel, Siena, Gail, TJ, Vuk, RedCircle, our awesome guests, and our incredibly cool advertising partners. We are now poised and proud to *double dip* by both soliciting a donation ( https://app.redcircle.com/shows/db49934a-7fb1-4002-b81a-c97adbb869a6/donations ) and having you listen to ads! If you wanna cough up a few bucks to salute the show, we really appreciate it and will use the funds wisely for continued excellence. Go big (whatever that means to you…) and we’ll send you a free jar of Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece ( http://bradventures.com/ ) as a thank you! Email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to alert us! Choose to donate now ( https://app.redcircle.com/shows/db49934a-7fb1-4002-b81a-c97adbb869a6/donations ) , later ( https://app.redcircle.com/shows/db49934a-7fb1-4002-b81a-c97adbb869a6/donations ) , or never. Either way, we thank you for choosing from the first two options! :]
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/the-get-over-yourself-podcast/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands