Taking Your Period Outdoors
If you menstruate (and honestly, even if you don’t), it’s likely that periods are one of many factors that come into play when you’re looking to head outside. In fact, we know that’s the case-- because we recently asked the She Explores community to tell us what questions or topics they thought about when it came to navigating menstruation in the outdoors, and everyone really came through with ideas, questions, and longstanding myths they wanted to hear busted.
We were hoping to find a way to meet this community enthusiasm with thoughts from someone who knows both the medical and the practical aspects of taking your period outdoors. Mary Ann Thomas, a current ICU nurse and former travel nurse, bike tourist, and a queer brown daughter of Indian immigrant parents comes to this conversation with both knowledge and applied know-how to share. Tune in to hear their insights and options around staying clean, remaining conscious of the environment, and giving yourself permission to recognize that there is always more to learn about our bodies and their cycles.
Featured in this episode: Mary Ann Thomas
_Hosted by __Laura Borichevsky_
_A Production of __Ravel Media_
* Find Mary Ann Thomas on Instagram: @postcardsfrommat
* Stay tuned to Mary Ann’s Instagram to hear more about their course, “Intro to Land Trauma” coming out this month!
* Read more from Mary Ann Thomas here in their latest piece about how it feels to be a COVID nurse
* If you liked this episode, make sure to check out Sex Outside!
* Listen to bonus interview content with Mary Ann Thomas in a 5-minute "Nature Quickie" called "Orgasms as Backcountry Cramp Relief?"
* Subscribe to the show-- first full episode airing 2/11/2021!
* Find Sex Outside on Instagram! @sexoutsidepod
_Music by the band UTAH featuring Gabby Jones, Gracie and Rachel, Mike Mains, Phillip Cuccias, and the Wild Wild licensed via__ MusicBed__._
Sponsors and Discount Codes:
* IKON Pass: Learn more about 20/21 winter season at IkonPass.com.
* Danner: Learn more about the Danner Trail 2650's.
* Betterhelp: Get 10% off your first month by heading to Betterhelp.com/explore