I mean, who doesn't love Cynthia Erivo and Arianna Grande!?
- Patrick Page returns to Hadestown on November 9, 2021.
- The newly imagined Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will return to the Lyric on Friday, November 12th. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child originally cast a spell over the world as an epic two-part event. Now, the show has been boldly restaged as one singular performance by the award-winning creative team for its return to North America. With just one ticket in hand, audiences will enjoy all the adventure the continuation of Harry's story entails in one magical afternoon or evening.
- Due to popular demand, both Dana H. and Is This A Room running in rep at the Lyecum are extending their previously announced early closing date. They will both run through the Thanksgiving holiday. Is This A Room will now play through November 27, and Dana H. will now run through November 28.
- Kristin Chenoweth is heading to Lincoln Center. The Tony and Emmy Award winner will headline a one-night-only concert at the Metropolitan Opera December 13.
- NYC will welcome back spectators to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The November 26 televised special will see performances from the Broadway casts of Six, Moulin Rouge!, and Wicked, plus NBC's upcoming Annie Live!. The parade will be broadcast 9 AM–noon EST on NBC. Additional performers include Kristin Chenoweth and Darren Criss, both of whom have new holiday albums out this year, along with Jordan Fisher, The Rockettes, Ballet Hispánico, and the cast of Girls5Eva.
- Ciara Renée is headed to Waitress on Broadway! She will take over the role of Jenna on Thursday, November 25, 2021. Jennifer Nettles, as previously announced, will play her final performance on Wednesday, November 24, 2021. Waitress is back on Broadway for a limited engagement now through January 9, 2022 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre. Also two-time Tony Award nominee Joshua Henry will take over the role of Dr. Pomatter and current cast member Tyrone Davis, Jr. will take over the role of Ogie on Monday, November 29.
- The New Group announced that Ephraim Sykes will join the cast of the world premiere production of Black No More. This new musical, inspired by George S. Schuyler's 1931 novel of the same name, features Book by John Ridley, Music and Lyrics by Tariq Trotter, Choreography by Bill T. Jones, Music Supervision, Orchestrations and Vocal Arrangements by Daryl Waters and Direction by Scott Elliott. A strictly limited engagement will play January 11 through February 27, 2022 at The Pershing Square Signature Center with Opening Night on Tuesday, February 8.
- Oscar nominee and two-time Emmy winner Greg Kinnear will make his Broadway debut as Atticus Finch in Aaron Sorkin’s stage adaptation of To Kill a Mockingbird beginning January 5, 2022, at the Shubert Theatre. Kinnear will succeed Tony nominee and Emmy winner Jeff Daniels, who will play his final performance January 2.
- The complete cast is set for Wild: A Musical Becoming. Idina Menzel will headline the world premiere production at the American Repertory Theater’s Loeb Drama Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Performances begin December 5, with the run scheduled through January 2, 2022. Menzel, Jabvier Munoz and YDE from Nickelodeon’s The Haunted Hathaways and School of Rock will star as a mother-daughter pair in the musical, penned by V (formerly Eve Ensler) and musicians Justin Tranter and Caroline Pahnell. The environmentalism-themed story follows the family as they grapple over the future of their family farm.
Follow @BwayPodNetwork on Twitter. Find co-hosts on Twitter at @AyannaPrescod, @CLewisReviews, and @TheMartinAcuna.
Tickets for Is This A Room and Dana H. playing in rep at the Lyceum Theatre on Broadway are on sale NOW! Purchase HERE!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices