Today’s guest on the “Phil with Forbes 30” podcast is Alyona Tkachenko – Founder & CEO of Nommi
-- Forbes List: Asia
-- Year: 2019
-- Category: Consumer Technology
Alyona Tkachenko is the founder and CEO of a hardware-as-a-service startup, Nommi, that focuses on providing a global secure infrastructure for remote workers, a mobile WiFi hotspot that runs on eSIM that works at home or remotely.
Nommi is one of the most successfully crowdsourced projects in Kazakhstan, raising $142,000 from it’s campaign on Indiegogo and followed with a $435,000 seed round. They recently signed corporate agreements with PWC and Mars.
She has 9+ years of experience in marketing and is originally from Kazakhstan. She’s also leading the largest STEM initiative in the country called “Hour of Code” as a part of her social responsibility effort.
In this episode, Alyona shares their incredible story:
“Under 30 Seconds Round”
1. What is the book you’ve gifted more often than any other book, and why?
-- Surely you’re joking, Mr. Feynman! by Richard P. Feynman
-- The Innovators by Walter Isaacson
2. What’s one of the best investments and one of the worst investments you’ve ever made and why?
a. Best-All investments in people are always the best ones
b. Worst-Worrying about the future, because the future is totally different from what you expect it to be.
3. What’s your guilty pleasure or favorite cheat meal?
-- On the guilty pleasures, it’s stargazing and skygazing. I can waste a lot of time doing this.
4. Pretend you won the Peter Thiel Fellowship and you were going to get money to start a business instead of going to college, what’s the very first thing you’d do to start a new business?
-- Find a partner
5. What’s something you never knew you needed?
In the REVIEW SECTION, please let me know…
GUEST INFO: Alyona Tkachenko – Founder & CEO of Nommi
CONTACT: on instagram @all.ona42
COUPON CODE DISCOUNT for audience 20% OFF with CODE “PhilWithForbes30”
HOST INFO: Phil Michaels
SOCIAL MEDIA: @iamphilmichaels
PODCAST WEBSITE: www.philwithforbes30.com
PHIL’s WEBSITE: www.iamphilmichaels.com
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices