FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) is a common pattern of thinking in modern times. Why in the face of so much prosperity is it so prevalent? Understanding that is a manifestation of your unconscious self-critical voice and this it is irrational is the first stepping in successfully dealing with it.
This session will discuss:
· The neurological nature of the problem – it is an embedded thinking pattern.
· How they emanate from the unconscious brain and not responsive to rational interventions.
· That it is an endless driver of envy and creating a need for self-esteem to combat it.
· They are one of the self-critical voices that are trying to protect you.
· Some principles of effective approach:
o Gratitude is a nurtured trait – not positive thinking
§ Can’t outrun your mind – no end point
· Some examples
§ Drop the battle
o Expressive writing
o Welcome in the unwelcome
o Connect to the moment you are in.
Live the life you have with connection and purpose instead of constantly pursuing the life you think you need to be happier. Get happy first then the life you want will emerge. It is a learned and cultivated skill.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices