With her unshakeable confidence and a voice like Lauren Bacall's, the Lauren featured on this episode belies her chronological age: eighty-two. Rev. Lauren McLaughlin is a Unity minister, spiritual teacher, and author whose work centers on gratitude, the shifts we experience in every decade of adulthood, and the necessity of slowing down to genuinely experience life. Among the nuggets she shares are:
· "Being an American is running up an elevator."
· "We want more and more and more, so we do more and more and more."
· "Slowing down opens us up to wonder."
· "Whatever we appreciate appreciates: it gets better."
· "Gratitude is realizing how well cared for we are."
· "If you're not afraid, you can do almost anything in this world."
· "People ask what's the meaning of life. What's the meaning of your life?"
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices