Mar 14, 2023
16. Is Benzoyl Peroxide Aging Your Skin?
Today, we'll be discussing the popular belief that benzoyl peroxide, a common ingredient in acne treatments, can actually age your skin. While this has been a proven acne-fighting ingredient for years, many people have heard this claim and are understandably concerned about the potential harm it may cause to their skin. But is there any truth to this myth?
Unfortunately, despite how the internet tends to make it seem, it’s not quite as straightforward as labeling an ingredient like benzoyl peroxide as “good” or “bad”. In fact, many times a skincare ingredient is under attack due to one quality about it, meanwhile, important details like how it’s used, how it works, and how it actually impacts our skin are often overlooked.
That’s why in today’s episode we’ll be exploring the science behind this powerful acne-fighting ingredient to get to the bottom of what benzoyl peroxide does, and doesn’t, do… and if it is aging your skin.
So, if you're curious about whether or not benzoyl peroxide can actually age your skin, or if you want to learn more about why it’s such a popular choice for clearing acne, this episode is for you!
* What is benzoyl peroxide?
* Benzoyl peroxide vs hydrogen peroxide
* Myths and facts about benzoyl peroxide
* Acclimation tips for new ingredients: https://emmediane.com/blogs/skin-tips/what-you-should-know-about-skin-cycling
* Acne Eraser (Benzoyl peroxide): https://emmediane.com/products/acne-eraser
* Brilliant-C Serum (Vitamin C): https://emmediane.com/collections/top-selling-products-internal/products/brilliant-c-serum
Have skin concerns or looking for help building a routine? Work with me directly for FREE: http://emmediane.typeform.com/to/uVuLYeg2#source=skintheory
Sign up for our newsletter for 15% off + expert skincare advice delivered directly to your inbox!
Sign Up: https://emmediane.com/pages/newsletter