Oct 26, 2022
S1 Ep 08 In Conversation With Ramón Medrano: From Site Reliability Engineering to Data Reliability Engineering
Maarten is in conversation with Ramón Medrano, Senior Staff Site Reliability Engineer at Google.
In this conversation Maarten and Ramón discuss how the principles and practices of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) can be applied to the practices of Data Reliability Engineering and data quality management. They deep-dive into four topics - SLOs, lineage, debuggability, and how to operate as a team - from the book Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems, co-authored by Ramón’s manager, Jennifer Petoff.
As the book explains how Google’s SRE team builds, deploys, monitors, and maintains some of the largest software systems in the world, Maarten and Ramón’s conversation explores how data practitioners can apply some of the best practices, processes, and thinking, when it comes to data and systems.
* More about our host, Maarten Masschelein
* Read the transcript of this episode
* Learn more about the chosen charity, Open Arms
* Connect with us on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
* From Soda, the provider of data reliability tools and observability platform to enable data teams to find, analyze, and resolve data issues.