Sep 13, 2021
2- Why Additive Manufacturers Build 3D Printers, and Sustainability in AM
Julia Hider and Stephanie Hendrixson address the phenomenon of additive manufacturers—those who apply 3D printing to make end-use parts and products—who invest in developing, building and producing their own 3D printing technology. Plus, how sustainable is 3D printing, and how can product creators adopt a circular economy mindset with this process?
The AM Radio podcast is brought to you by the Additive Manufacturing Conference + Expo.
Mentioned in this episode:
* Gantri, designer-to-consumer lighting platform
* Model No., sustainable furniture manufacturer
* IC3D, filament, 3D printer and service provider
* Slant3D, print farm operator
* 3DEO, metal 3D printing company
* Lincoln Electric Additive Solutions, the wire arc 3D printing arm of Lincoln Electric
* MolyWorks, scrap to metal powder startup
* Sintavia, aerospace metal additive manufacturer
* Aectual, 3D printed architecture company
* HILOS, creator of custom, sustainable shoes using 3D printe…