Geoff Woods - How Billionaires Set Their Goals
On today’s show, we are chatting with Geoff Woods who is the Vice President of The ONE Thing and host of The ONE Thing podcast. After hearing a quote by Jim Rohn that "you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with" Geoff set out on a mission to surround himself with high-level CEOs and successful entrepreneurs. Fast forward, Geoff went from employee to entrepreneur, launching a company with the co-authors of the best selling book The ONE Thing. This book is one of those reads where you read it once, make some things, and overtime as the changes drift a little bit, then you can re-read this book to reset.
Geoff dives into how to structure your day in order to get to that ideal 20% of working with your priorities to get 80% of your results. You’ll see how this works as he details an example with Joe, asking specific questions in order to narrow in on that one important thing. We also talk about how to get your team to be aligned with your goals, especially if you are working virtually, how to set your core priorities, and how to figure out what that “first domino” is to make the remainder of your priorities to fall into place easily. If you like some of what Geoff has to say, be sure to check out our conversations with Ken Coleman and Nic Peterson with more insight about taking aligned action to reach your goals faster without sacrificing.
“I was where a lot of people either have been or are right now, which is life is good and you are lacking fulfillment. I remember feeling like I was destined for more and I know that I’m meant to do bigger things for this world. ” - Geoff Woods
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
* Time blocking and mind containers to get to peak productivity
* This one golden tip to get you to transition away from work easier
* Going from a full-time job to creating a better life by making a huge impact on the world
* Tuning into 20% of your priorities to get 80% of your results
* Our plan to go on a couples retreat with each other?!
* Setting goals alongside your partner in life, even if they are not a traditional goal setter
* Frameworks on how to approach creating habits
* Why dominos is so much more than a game and how you can use this analogy to start your ‘tipping point’
* And much, much more!
Resources From Geoff Woods:
* The 1 Thing Retreat
* The 1 Thing Podcast
References and Links Mentioned:
* Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
* Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
* Join the Facebook Community - be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
* This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com, and by Easy Webinar - be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
* How To Achieve Your Goals Using The Proximity Principle - Ken Coleman
* How To Define Success To Reach Your Goals Faster - Nic Peterson