WE'VE GONE AND DONE IT! EIGHT HOURS LATER, THE MONSANTO SEASON IS COMPLETE! This episode goes over Bayer's disastrous acquisition of Monsanto, how the antitrust division of the US government is simply set up to fail, and we have a look back on all of the hee-hees and haw-haws of the Monsanto season. After sitting in that studio for hours on end with Bluid and Amy, I think we deserve a little retrospective as a treat. I hope you're all feeling emotionally ok after this season. Drink some water. Hug your besties. I hope to see as many of you at the live show as possible this Saturday, and if not, I'll catch you in Season 4! Should be out by the end of 2022. Kissies!
Follow @BlenderBluid and @HelloAmyDo
LIVE SHOW TICKET LINK OCTOBER 1 PLEASE COME!
- Bayer Tightens Control Over the World’s Food Supply, Carin Smaller, International Institute for Sustainable Development 2016.
- Bayer raises Monsanto cash takeover offer to $65bn, Rob Davies, The Guardian 2016
- Justice Department approves Bayer-Monsanto merger in landmark settlement, Brian Fung and Caitlin Dewey, WP 2018
- How Bayer-Monsanto Became One of the Worst Corporate Deals—in 12 Charts, Ruth Bender, WSJ Aug 2019
- Bayer Investor Sues Top Officials for ‘Disastrous’ Monsanto Deal, Chris Dolmetsch, Claims Journal 2020
- Seed monopolies: Who controls the world's food supply?, Charli Shield, DW 2021