Two years ago, FOUR20 was one of two cannabis retailers open on day one of cannabis legalization in Canada. Now, they have 14 different locations with 130+ employees. Amber Craig—their Chief Merchandising Officer—joined them full-time once cannabis was fully legalized.
But everyone's wondering: What does marketing for cannabis look like? What are the hard and fast rules about advertising? How is it regulated? We have a fascinating discussion about the dos and don'ts of marketing cannabis in this episode of Content Callout. Don’t miss it!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:09] All about FOUR20 and the cannabis industry
- [2:10] The stigma of cannabis use
- [4:48] Marketing regulations around cannabis
- [10:08] The fight for legitimacy
- [12:56] What makes the industry exciting?
- [14:56] The educational phase of cannabis
- [17:47] The challenges that cannabis stores face
- [22:06] Handling cannabis supply and demand
- [24:45] Getting into the cannabis industry
- [26:55] About the Breaking Free Foundation
- [35:22] The stigma of giving donations
- [36:20] Cannabis = an ever-changing landscape
- [39:43] How to get more information
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Amber Craig
Connect With the Content Callout Team
Subscribe to CONTENT CALLOUT on
Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts