Apr 18, 2021
#83 Melanie Bowden, DVM - What the F**k Is This Vet Med?
Today I’m joined by Dr. Melanie Bowden, who is a veterinarian, speaker, author, and mentor living in Maine. She is passionate about many things as we’ll get into, but accessibility to care and quality medicine, relationship-centered care for patients, owners, and staff, and improving the profession through innovation, mentorship, and having a growth mindset. She is likely best known for her TedX talk “What being a Veterinarian Really Takes,” which is unbelievable; the link is below.
* The story behind the cover photo for her new book, What the F**k Is This Vet Med?
* The solutions she’d like to see come to light in veterinary medicine.
* Let’s talk about personal responsibility in how veterinarians treat each other and the expectations you have for one another.
* You and your peers are well educated on taking care of pets, but no yourself. What have you learned personally that has helped you?
* You work at a specialty clinic and ER - > what are your experiences i…