In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Jacqui Horner she received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2015 from the University of Georgia. She currently practices small animal relief work part-time while building the mission and vision of Resilience Rising. She is extraordinarily passionate about mental health, well-being, mindfulness, leadership, and personal development. Her Instagram post, "I Quit" hit me and I had to get her on to talk about her experiences and lessons learned. We discuss:
- Best BBQ spot.
- Her "I Quit" series of posts and being vulnerable.
- Her passion for giving back to the profession and pets.
- How she thinks of the role of being a veterinarian, which is uniquely touching people through caring for their pets.
- Her superpower and how that was developed over time.
- Leadership styles and the short-comings of various styles and why there is one way to do it.
- How to be mentally and physically resilient.
- How people can help with her mission to better serve the veterinary profession.
Dr. Horner’s Instagram
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...and Others Don’t