In this episode, Dr. Lillie Davis, a Veterinary Oncologist, is focused on treating animal cancer and improving her patients' quality of life with a healthy balance of evidence-based medicine and compassion. Dr. Davis is also a first-generation college graduate who grew up in The Bronx, NY - she’s open about the path to where she is today was not easy and how financially and emotionally difficult it’s been.
- Why empathy is part of her professional and personal meaning.
- The three key areas of change needed in veterinary medicine.
- Her upbringing and foundation of finances.
- Financial literacy for women and the challenges women within veterinary medicine face.
- Diversity in veterinary medicine and becoming an advocate for others - how people have shown up for her.
- Her question for me - certainly unique and one that shows my lack of knowledge of Harry Potter (spoiler alert).
Dr. Davis' LinkedIn
Dr. Davis' Instagram