In this episode I’m joined by Dr. Michael Walker – who is a small animal veterinarian practice owner of a clinic called Apollo Veterinary in Wimberley, TX. Mike is a graduate of Texas A&M University and worked as an associate doctor with a failed succession plan that lead to him striking out on his own to start a de novo clinic. Mike launched Apollo last fall and I wanted to bring him on to get into the weeds a bit on what life has been like over the past 12 – 18 months as his vision was brought to life. Mike thanks for joining me.
- A review of his professional journey in veterinary medicine to how he got to today.
- The business plan/vision for Apollo Veterinary. The origin of the name.
- How he financed and was able to fund the project (he shares a lot on this aspect).
- What aspects of a de novo were most challenging?
- Let’s talk technology and processes – what have you learned as you went through the journey of selecting vendors and tools.
- His marketing style and outreach to the community and its impact. HERE is the Instagram video we reference. What has worked and what hasn't and how he knows he should share content.
- His advice to young aspiring practice and clinic owners - also what veterinary medicine can be for all veterinarians out there.
- If you had the ability to share 2-3 things that you wish you knew from the beginning with anyone listening, what would it be?
- What’s the future hold for Apollo and what are you working on that’s exciting?
Apollo Veterinary Website
Apollo Veterinary Instagram
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)
VetCheck Pet Urgent Care Center Franchise