In this episode, I'm joined by Carson Taylor of VetValue a digital veterinary practice valuation service. VetValue's focus is improving the accuracy, efficiency, and providing actionable intelligence with valuations. Carson and I discuss the following:
- Why so many veterinary practice owners don't know the value of their business?
- How working at RBC in Investment banking on the CAPNA/VCA deal got his start in veterinary medicine.
- His view on consolidation firms vs. private practice?
- Where is the opportunity for younger veterinarians to buy a practice?
- The Ebay or structure auction process.
- How much leverage does a seller have?
- What do deals look like today? What are the multiples?
- He shares why some of the appraisal standards today aren't as beneficial as in years past?
- What is the cost to sell a practice?
- P/E Model for evaluating who should be your team. Baking contest idea...find your fit.