6 days ago
A Personal Conversation: Part 1
In this episode of Use Your Words, we're having an open and honest conversation about what it means to be a Christian that is committed to living by what the Bible says, but also happens to be attracted to others of the same sex/gender. Aaron leads the conversation and asks the questions that he's always wanted to ask of Paul. We know this can be a sensitive topic, so we recommend listening to it first without children around on your own before deciding if it's appropriate to listen to it around children. We're keeping it real and honest, and we hope this conversation will help those who are struggling with this issue. So, tune in to Use Your Words now and join us for this important conversation!
Use Your Words podcast is passion project of two people from Southeastern Wisconsin. Please consider checking out the below links to learn/hear more. And join us every week for new episodes!
Visit our website: https://useyourwords.cc
Listen to the podcast on all of your devices: https://useyourwordspod.captivate.fm/listen
Watch On Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@useyourwords
Send us an email: https://www.useyourwords.cc/contact
Read the blog: https://www.useyourwords.cc/blog
* Discord: Underground Ekklesia - The discord channel that Paul referenced in the Podcast
* Christopher Yuan Video: Testimony + A Christian Response to Homosexuality
* Christopher Yuan YouTube Channel
* Out of a Far Country | Christopher Yuan - Coming Out, Then Coming Home Christopher Yuan, the son of Chinese immigrants, discovered at an early age that he was different. He was attracted to other boys. As he grew into adulthood, his mother, Angela, hoped to control the situation. Instead, she found that her son and her life were spiraling out of control—and her own personal demons were determined to defeat her. Years of heartbreak, confusion, and prayer followed before the Yuans found a place of complete surrender, which is God’s desire for all families. Their amazing story, told from the perspectives of both mother and son, offers hope for anyone affected by homosexuality. God calls all who are lost to come home to him. Casting a compelling vision for holy sexuality, Out of a Far Country speaks to prodigals, parents of prodigals, and those wanting to minister to the gay community. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." - Luke 15:20 Includes a discussion guide for personal reflection and group use.
* Holy Sexuality and the Gospel | Christopher Yuan - From the author of Out of a Far Country, which details his dramatic conversion from an agnostic gay man who put his identity in his sexuality to a Bible professor at Moody Bible Institute who puts his identity in Christ alone, comes a thoroughly gospel-centered examination of sex, desire, and relationships.
* Christopher Yuan Website - Christopher has an amazing testimony on how God rescued him. Once a gay man, Christopher is now a...