Have you figured out exactly what your podcast purpose is?
This episode will give you the guidance and examples you need so that you can determine what will make your show successful.
I’ve worked with dozens of podcasters in the past 10 years, and I’ve seen shows being used in totally different ways by people with the same job title.
Having a goal for your podcast is as important as getting in a new car and knowing exactly where you're going, but also which roads you need to take in order to get there, just like a GPS, right? A GPS can guide you on your journey, but you're still in the driver's seat, so it's up to you to:
- Make decisions about where to go, (how fast you want to get there)
- Which roads to take, (the format it needs to be)
- How much gas you need in your tank (AKA how long your seasons need to be),
- which roads are the most efficient (what platforms you need to be on the track the fastest), etc etc.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Podcast Goals
- Podcast Purpose
- Content Ideas
- Podcast Strategy
- 7 Ways to Use a Podcast
Takeaways from this episode:
- There are 7 goals you can set for your podcast. These goals can be combined and changed as necessary, they aren't permanent or inflexible.
- You can network with decision-makers that will help elevate your brand online by proxy.
- Your show can be a passion project, it doesn't need to be your day job.
- It's ok to create thought leadership content in audio and video format - you don't need to write in order to be considered a leader in your industry.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Let's work together to grow your podcast:
Visit our website for more Podcast Resources: www.thepodcastspace.com/resources
Learn more about our Maximize Your Podcast Content course: https://bit.ly/3TesQwc
Subscribe to the Podcast on Audio Platforms: https://bit.ly/3Y4bF2c
Subscribe to our newsletter for more Podcast Tips: https://thepodcastspace.ck.page/32680fa82e
Connect to us on social media:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjB4ztIRQBFadQ3C8OVZvDA
Mentioned in this episode:
PodParty Success Roadmap: From Struggle to Celebration in 90 Days
To learn more about the program and book your $0 Discovery call follow: https://bit.ly/PPodParty
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp