Two new ornithischians & a ceratopsid documentary
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Pantydraco, links from Tara Cooper & Terry O'Neill, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Pantydraco-Episode-321/
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
Dinosaur of the day Pantydraco, a sauropodomorph that isn't pronounced how you would expect, it's Welsh.
Interview with Tara Cooper & Terry O'Neill. Tara is an artist and professor of fine arts at the University of Waterloo. Terry worked in the CBC documentary unit for 15 years, nowadays he makes independent docs. They collaborated on the brand new documentary Follow the Bones about Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai and the people behind the discovery.
In dinosaur news this week:
* A new ornithopod, Riabininohadros, was described from Crimea
* Sinankylosaurus, the "Chinese Ankylosaurus" was formally described
* A new theropod dinosaur from Mukawa, Hokkaido, Japan will likely be named soon
* In Fujian, China paleontologists have found over 240 fossilized dinosaur footprints likely including sauropods, theropods, & ornithopods
* According to Scientific American since 1824, 10,851 dinosaur fossils (about 1,000 species) have been documented
* The National Museum of Niger is planning on expanding and refurbishing next year
* The designs for the Mary Anning statue in Lyme Regis have been released
* Myles Garrett celebrated his birthday with a Spinosaurus cake