Jan 25, 2023
Working towards gender equality in security, fire and safety
Episode 9 of the IFSEC Global Security in Focus podcast centres on a discussion we recently hosted about gender equality in the security, fire and safety sectors. It's a fascinating and extremely eye-opening chat between representatives from women's networks across the professions, to understand how gender bias and discrimination exists, the challenges faced and what organisations, managers and individuals can do to better support gender equality.
Host, Charlotte Geoghegan, also hears about the development of the different women's networks, why they exist and their future goals. Thank you to Letitia Emeana, Fiona Perrin, Andrea White and Heather Beach for their insight.
Links to talking points:
* “We need to actively encourage diversity in the fire sector, and I believe that starts with encouraging diversity of thought"
* Women’s networks and experiences in fire, safety and security – Your questions answered
* “Why can’t we change the face of physical security?” – ASIS’ Letitia Emeana on diversifying the security culture
* Women's Security Society
* The Institution of Fire Engineers - Women's Networking Group
* The Women in Health and Safety Network
And you can now register for IFSEC 2023, taking place between 16-18 May in London, here!
If you like the show, make sure to subscribe and follow the IFSEC Global Security in Focus podcast. And, feel free to recommend the show to a friend or colleague!
For more content from IFSEC Global, make sure to check our website: www.ifsecglobal.com and sign up to our weekly e-newsletters and get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox.