Eric brings nearly two decades of experience as a senior go-to-market leader in high-growth technology businesses, including as CMO for Sovos, and as CEO of mobile startup Zerista, which he successfully exited. Quick Base is an app development platform that helps problem solvers of any technical background to work together to create an ecosystem of applications safely, securely, and sustainably.
What does a diverse team really mean to the organization? How can you make ‘culture’ more data and process driven? Should employers prefer experience over diversity? Great insights for SaaS companies as Erik and Erica deep dive into the meaning of culture and how it can become a competitive differentiator when done right.
- Why diverse teams outperform homogeneous teams, even though the alignment is harder
- Why diverse teams need to be like a soccer team and not a relay team
- The 3 things you need for a diverse team to work:
- Making a team goal that’s bigger than the individual goal
- A transparent strategy that brings the team together, and a process that helps interlock the team
- A common way of behaving and holding each other accountable
- Why culture needs to be treated as a first-class citizen, right alongside goals related to financial performance
- Making culture data-driven and process-driven for real outcomes
- How to reconcile hiring for experience versus hiring for diversity
- Roles that are changing the shape of B2B SaaS marketing teams
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy