So you’ve got a podcast. Great!
But how the hell do you go about getting your listeners onto your podcast email list?
When much of your audience might be listening to your podcast when at the gym or on the way to work, it can be tricky getting them to go to all the effort to join your list, or even remember to do so.
But you’ll be pleased to know that there are ways to make this so much easier for yourself.
And this is exactly why we’ve brought the fantastic Charley Valher from Valher media on the show. Charley discusses some incredible tips and insights when it comes to podcast marketing and growing your email list, so much so that we're looking forward to stealing lots of them for The Email Marketing Heroes show..
- (2:29) It’s two lies and a truth time. This one really has Kennedy scratching his head.
- (4:17) Getting listeners onto your email list. Mission impossible?
- (6:32) When should you mention your all-important links in the shows?
- (7:47) The drop off rates of podcasts may surprise you.
- (10:24) Charley structure his podcasts in a very unique yet effective way. Get your pens and paper ready!
- (11:43) Is there a rule for how many CTAs you should have in a single episode?
- (13:04) We want to know the best opt in bribes.
- (15:26) I there a way to promote case study opt-ins without sounding like a total show off?
- (16:35) How to promote your resources without boring your audience.
- (19:02) The interview with your guest is over, it’s now time to promote the sh** out of your opt in again….or is it?
- (21:44) Separate segments in an episode. Yay or nay?
- (23:22) Charley’s most successful subject line ever- luckily, none of his audience members had an actual heart attack….but it probably came very close.
Download The Email Marketers' GamePlan
FREE Email Marketing Webinar
JOIN The League Of Extraordinary Email Marketers
Connect with us on Twitter for podcast updates and email marketing content
Subscribe and Review The Email Marketing Show Podcast
Thanks so much for tuning into the podcast, if you enjoyed it we'd really appreciate you Subscribing to and leaving us a Review of the show on your favourite podcast player.
Not only does it let us know you're out there, listening, but your feedback helps us to keep creating the most useful episodes - not to mention to helps us get discovered by more people.