He lets hope guide the way … Dr. Wilfred “Bill” McClay is working to restore the soul of America. And that’s no easy feat. As misinformation about American history spreads across the country, he’s made it his mission to set the story straight. Dr. McClay discusses his motivations behind writing his latest book and its impact on readers with host Charles Mizrahi.
• An Introduction to Dr. McClay (00:00:00)
• For Audiences Everywhere (00:04:46)
• A Timely American Story (00:10:51)
• Bravery and The Revolution (00:18:55)
• An American Masterpiece (00:28:54)
• Context is Everything (00:35:33)
• Making History Fun Again (00:41:34)
• Historical Consciousness (00:47:26)
• The Battlefield of Information (00:56:04)
Dr. Wilfred “Bill” McClay is a professor, author and public speaker. After receiving a PhD in history from Johns Hopkins University, he went on to teach at the University of Oklahoma — where he’s the G.T. and Libby Blankenship chair. In addition, he’s also the director of the Center for the History of Liberty.
Dr. McClay has written several works on American history throughout his career. His latest book, (below), recounts the informative and inspiring events that helped shape our country into the world power that it is today.
• Land of Hope: An Invitation to the Great American Story