In this podcast Alan and Bhairav give advice to budding entrepreneurs about what they think they should know before the embark on the journey to start their own business
The key points to take away are:
- Know that it is not all about you - it is about your customers
- Choose the right business for you, choose the right problem to solve
- Make sure you understand yourself and your motivations for starting a business. What do you bring to the table?
- You don't know everything so recognise the gaps in your knowledge and find the people that can bridge those gaps. Don't be afraid to delegate
- Have a plan! Think of it as a routemap rather than a detailed plan
- Know your numbers inside out!
- Understand what you want to get out of the business from a personal perspective
- There is no entitlement, you will get what you deserve
- Things can be lonely, work can be all-consuming. Find networks and mentors
- It can be fun but scary but be prepared to take risks!