Real Talk with Nurse Papa, David Metzger
In this episode, Adrianne welcomes David Metzger, pediatric oncology nurse, podcaster, author, and father. He is gracious enough to open up about all of these roles, how they all blend together, and how he is using them to entertain and teach us.
David and Adrianne run through all the emotions in their talk, so settle in for this one. They discuss things like:
- What it’s like working with chronically ill children and their parents
- How a nurse handles the strong emotions of being around sick kids
- The way we communicate matters and memories of physical space
- Family-centered care and the intuition of parents
- The ritual of care after the death of a child
- How David hopes to reach parents with his perspective and advice
- The upcoming Nurse Papa book
...and much more.
Please connect with David for his great content:
@nursepapathebook on Instagram
Find the Nurse Papa podcast on your Favorite Platform
We’d like to link you to Spotify.
Like this episode? Buy Adrianne a coffee to say thanks!
Want more nursing-related content?
Find more including the Nursing Uncensored podcast, blogs, videos, merch, and art at
Check out podcast merch at
Find Adrianne 💜 on the web
Recorded with Zoom and edited with Adobe Audition.
Copyright-free music included in this episode found in the YouTube Audio Library:
Sunshine - Delicate Steve
Nursing Uncensored participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com affiliated sites.