In Pilates there are SO many myths, so much baggage. So many convoluted pseudo-scientific theories about cueing.
Luckily, the facts turn out to be quite simple. Much simpler than you'd think!
There IS a best way to cue, and you can dramatically improve your cueing by using 3 simple techniques.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Join our FREE Live Community Sessions here
- Attentional focus and motor learning, a summary of the last 15 years of research here
- Pilates Through The Ages - examples of how cueing has changed over the last 60 years here
- Great paper on additive benefits of external focus, autonomy support and early success here
- My Gym Dad on Insta @my_gym_dad
- Stroke rehab study here
- Raph interviews Dr Gaby Wulf and Dr Rebecca Lewthwaite here
Book a time to talk with our team
Links may not work on some platforms. You’ll find all the info at https://breathe-education.com/podcast/
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy