Osteoporosis is a common condition in the Pilates studio. We look at what osteoporosis is, the anatomy and physiology of bone, and how to use exercise to increase bone density.
Plus contraindications for people with osteoporosis, based on the current ACSM guidelines.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Check out our Visualized Anatomy Program here
- Tame the beast video here
- High intensity resistance and impact training is safe and effective for increasing bone density here and here and here
- Strength correlates very closely with bone density here
- ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription 11th ed here
- International Osteoporosis Foundation here
Come Study With Us
Our training is 100% online and recognized internationally - you can study without leaving your home
- Certificate in Pilates Matwork and Reformer here
- Diploma of Clinical Pilates here
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy