Osteoporosis is a common condition in the Pilates studio. We look at what osteoporosis is, the anatomy and physiology of bone, and how to use exercise to increase bone density.
Plus contraindications for people with osteoporosis, based on the current ACSM guidelines.
- Tame the beast video here
- High intensity resistance and impact training is safe and effective for increasing bone density here and here and here
- Strength correlates very closely with bone density here
- ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription 11th ed here
- International Osteoporosis Foundation here
Connect With Us On Instagram
Come Study With Us
Our program is 100% online - you can certify from anywhere in the world without leaving home - no travel required.
- Certificate IV in Pilates Matwork and Reformer here
- Diploma of Clinical Pilates here
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
AdBarker - https://adbarker.com/privacy