See the FULL show notes at:
Effective sound treatment doesn’t have to be pricey.
You can do it simply for almost nothing if you already have your basic podcasting equipment with you (software, microphone, etc.).
My family has started a new lifestyle - traveling full time - and until we get our RV I’ve had to make do with some pretty unusual and less-than-ideal recording conditions.
So I’ve had to get creative - because as they say, “Necessity is the mother of invention.”
For this episode I’m demonstrating my attempts to create my own sound treatment solutions out of nothing - or almost nothing. And I do it step by step so you can actually HEAR the difference in the audio as I go along.
It’s a short episode - but I think it will show you that your recording situation may not be as hopeless as you thought.
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [1:18] My situation has changed - and my recording situation is a bit difficult as a result
- [3:39] Pre-treated room sound - no windscreen - open windows - tile floor - hard surfaces
- [4:41] Closed the windows/doors - much less ambient sound
- [6:10] Adding the foam windscreen - often better than a pop screen
- [7:11] Less hard surfaces by adding a blanket to the table my computer is on
- [8:06] A tremendous difference from a DIY sound booth using couch cushions
- Connect to schedule a one-on-one or group training: carey (at) PodcastFastTrack.com
- Audio Technica 2005 Microphone: http://a.co/d/inaZuSM
Subscribe to Podcastification here!