For a VERY long time Android users have not had a native podcasting app - and Google Podcasts is trying to make that problem a thing of the past.
I just hope these first steps that I’m going to tell you about in this episode/video are something they follow up on diligently.
My hopes for this episode and its accompanying video (embedded in the show notes post below) is that people who use Android devices and have never listened to podcasts before will begin to make use of Google Podcasts.
So stick around - I’m going to show you how to use Google Podcasts step by step - and give you my opinion of how it compares to the other podcast apps that have been around for a long time.
FIND THE FULL SHOW NOTES AT www.PodcastFastTrack.com/116
EVERYTHING COVERED ON THIS EPISODE
- [1:56] Get started with Google Podcasts via a Google search - look for the play buttons
- [2:53] What should you do if your show is not available in Google Podcasts?
- [3:20] Checking out the app for the first time - download from Google Play Store
- [6:41] Podcast recommendations in the app and how you can subscribe to them
- [7:45] Keyword searching in the app - it works somewhat… maybe
- [10:10] Subscribe to a podcast and tweak podcast settings using Google Podcasts
- [14:00] Text links don’t appear in the app - you need the http:// or https://
- [17:48] Is Google Podcasts an app worth trying?
- [19:06] Why is the icon not native on the home screen? It’s about the Android ecosystem
FEATURED ON THIS EPISODE
You can have Carey bring his 5+ years of multi-client experience to bear on YOUR podcast, to help you make the tweaks that make a difference. Check out the options and make your appointment now!
MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
Subscribe to Podcastification here!