Feb 9, 2023
What if a Prospect is Talking with Other Editors?
Has this ever happened to you?
You're on a sales call and everything is going very well, and then you discover that your prospective client is interviewing multiple editors. If this hasn't happened to you yet, it very likely will at some point. And if you've never considered it as a possibility, it could come as a shock.
When that happens, you could find yourself thinking things like, "Should I just end the call now?" Or, "Should I share lower rates than usual so that I'm seen as more competitive?"
We aren't here to tell you how you should feel or what you should do, but if we take the time to think this through together, you can come up with a strategy and position that will give you confidence.
[ 🗨️ Join the Conversation ]Listen to Discover
* Why it's important to understand who is actually your ideal client.
* Why Jennifer keeps sales calls to 15 minutes.
* Why you don't have to feel like you need to "win" business.
* How your sales call could actually be a differentiator.
Links And Resources
* Podcast Editor Academy
* Practice Editing - Want to practice editing? You can find one of our recordings here. Not for the faint of heart :)
* Steve Stewart Podcast Productions - This topic was suggested by Steve Stewart, who also runs to Podcast Editors Club and Podcast Editor Academy.
Join Us Live!
We stream live to our Facebook page and to YouTube every other week. Our Editor
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit. Your Yetis Are
* Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
* Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
* Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
* Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!
* Follow the Podcast Editors...