While We Wait: Moses
There’s the temptation to run ahead. Moses knows his story: from basket boat to royalty! He craves justice for his people, so he takes things into his own hands and commits murder. But it was witnessed. He flees to Midian, and for forty years each morning he cares for sheep. Finally, he leads his people to freedom, and they refuse to trust that God can give them the land he promised. So, for another 40 years he wanders the desert, and every morning he gets up and goes to work sitting in the seat of judgement. Faithfulness in our duties of regular life are certainly a big part of what we do while we wait.
This week’s #WholeLifeTakeAways:
· What “job” did you play at most as a kid? What job did you pretend to be yours?
· What would make you categorize some jobs as being good jobs and some as being bad jobs?
· What pressure did you feel to select a certain “family approved” job/career?
· What do you think was Jochebed’s secret to anchoring Moses in God?
· How would you feel about 40 years of schooling followed by 40 years at sheep school before delivering your people? How hard is prep work?
· In what ways is your work “full time Christian work?
· How might you think of your work/career as a calling from God?
· Do you agree with William Deal, “Work is God’s way of caring for his creatures?” How is that true for you?
· Whose work do you need to honor more?
Which takeaway(s) resonate most with you? Send us your thoughts by using one of the following:
■ Text/Voicemail: 407-965-1607
■ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
■ WLC Mobile App: Media Tab/Podcast Banner and Use Text and Email links
■ Social Media: #WholeLifePodcast/ #WholeLifeTakeAways
Listen and subscribe to :15 With Andy, Randy, & Jeff by going to our website: https://wholelife.church/podcast! You can listen, subscribe, and share the episode, all from our podcast player or wherever you listen to podcasts!
Thank you for listening! If you’ve enjoyed this episode please share it on social media. Our show is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, and everywhere you can listen to podcasts!
NEXT WEEK - While We Wait - ‘Daniel'.
The theme music for Speaking of Grace was written, produced, and performed by WholeLife Church’s own Phillip Burks - https://www.phillipburks.com/.
Download the WholeLife Church Mobile App! It is available for both Apple and Android.
Say hello on Twitter: https://twitter.com/wholelifeorl, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wholelifeorlando, and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wholelifeorlando! Use the #hashtags: #WholeLifePodcast #WholeLifeTakeaways #ThisIsWholeLife #WhileWeWait