There are so many myths about what you should talk about in therapy.
Deciding what to bring up and when can feel daunting – especially if you have a lot to talk about. In this episode, I’ll walk you through how to decide what topics to bring up, and when. Often the overlooked, uncomfortable, and hard-to-talk-about topics can lead to the biggest realizations.
What You’ll Learn
- How talking about things you don’t think are important can be the missing piece to a larger puzzle
- Why progress in therapy can cause bigger, underlying things to come up
- That therapy is an ’emotional sandbox’
- Why there’s always a reason to talk about things, even if you think you can’t do anything about them
- That talking about your problems does not make you a bad person, friend, family member, or spouse
- What limits there are – confidentiality
Full Show Notes