Managing a chronic illness impacts every facet of life: from work to dating, to parenting, and everything in between.
If you’ve dealt with chronic illness, especially an invisible illness, it can be hard to effectively communicate with those around you about your needs. If you look good on the outside, people might think you feel okay on the inside. Unfortunately, sometimes that couldn’t be further from the truth.
In this episode, my colleague Rachel Kaplan, LCSW, and I are talking about all things chronic illness – from spoon theory to how it can impact various facets of people’s lives.
What You’ll Learn
- How a chronic illness diagnosis can alter someone’s way of life completely, how they see themselves, and how they relate to others
- About toxic positivity, and how sometimes those with chronic illness can do it to themselves
- How to better explain to someone that doesn’t have a chronic illness what it’s like to live with one
- That invisible illnesses can be some of the hardest to deal with
- If you know someone with a chronic illness, how you can better support them
Full Show Notes