Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Darren Dahl has written more than one million words across his career as a writer in the worlds of business and entrepreneurship. Darren teamed up with Jack Stack on his newest book, Change the Game: Saving the American Dream by Closing the Gap Between the Haves and the Have-Nots.
- Share information and work together so that you can fully people can make the best decisions from the bottom up rather than just those at the top.
- Sharing information should build understanding and trust rather than create barriers.
- If you have people who want to make a difference fast, give them an appropriate runway to do so.
- Withholding information because of fear is a prevention (as opposed to a promotion) mindset (listen to this podcast on mindset for more)
- Be sure to connect the specific work of each team member with the outcomes that their work is producing.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Every leader must have someone who is following them. You must engage people so that they are willing to do this.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Someone who builds relationships, embraces change, and develops talent.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? The Great Game of Business: The Only Sensible Way to Run a Company by Bo Burlingham and Jack Stack
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Try to share something that you once considered sacred (e.g. the financials of your company with your employees).
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why not?” because it can help you understand the opportunity cost without losing your momentum.
CONNECT WITH DARREN
CONNECT WITH JOSH
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!