Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
For over a decade, organizational development coach Benny Ausmus has broken the mold of executive coaching and management consulting. Refusing to limit his methods to a one-size-fits-all formula, he approaches each new project by merging hard data with strategic development initiatives, tailoring transformation programs for companies, teams, and individuals using his dynamic TLC coaching system. In his new book, The Transformational Leadership Compass, he lays out this dynamic system of transformation to help leaders create the big changes required to adapt, thrive, and shape the future.
- Transformational leadership is where a leader works in tandem with their team to identify and execute change.
- Transformational leaders have the “Four I’s”: Idealized influence, inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation, and individual consideration.
- Transformational leadership is one of the most effective styles of leadership, but it is also one of the most hands-on styles.
- Use common language throughout your organization so that communication and action become more streamlined.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Leaders always get the teams they deserve.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Flexible, open, and strong.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? How can this be made better by my actions?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? Leadership by James MacGregor Burns
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Ask better questions. Approach questions with genuine curiosity. Seek to clarify and distill.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why?” Clear choose what to dedicate your time and energy to.
CONNECT WITH BENNY
CONNECT WITH JOSH
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!