Carel Bitter, Head of Data at Spamhaus, speaks with Pinky Brand, Senior Vice Preaident at iQ.
- How is the Spamhaus Domain Block List (DBL) used?
- How is the list compiled? How do you calculate it?
- Comments on real data vs. fake data use trends.
- Comments on measuring the effect of price vs. measuring # of abuse reports in new gTLDs vs. ccTLDs and legacy TLDs.
- How can a TLD or registrar get off the "bad list"?
- How can a registry, registrar, or registrant remove a specific name or bulk list of names from the DBL?
- What about domains in the DBL where no evidence of spam is actually detected?
- Any systematic way to provide a real time feedback loop on takedowns/serverHolds?
- Why do some TLD or registrars suddendly appear and then disappear from the bad lists?
- What about providing evidence? Is it possible to get email headers or other evidence with your reports?
- What are some new attack vectors you are observing these days? What's a "phishing rod" threat vs. a "phishing" threat?