In the next of our Bonus Episode's we chat to the brilliant Ken McGarrie, Passionate hospitality advocate, Founder of Korgen Hospitality in Chicago, USA and author of the superb "The Surprise Restaurant Manager".
We get through loads including:-
- The career start
- Finding “A real Job”
- How people arrive at being a restaurant manager
- Where the book came from
- Asking for help
- I have the time
- The power of language
- Being alert to the first impression
- Being aware of your guests mood
- The complainers who don’t complain
- Covid US & UK
- Being thankful to your team
- Making your team "unpoachable"
- The Surprise Restaurant Manager
- Ken’s pay it forward
And of course Ken's superb journey. The book rightly takes front and centre here and Ken has created an invaluable resource for the industry.
A massive thank you to Ken for coming on to chat, especially at 4.00am his time!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy