Oct 26, 2022
Top 5 Mistakes Sellers Make When Selling Their Home
The process of selling a house can be daunting; from understanding how the market operates to managing the expectations of potential buyers. But if you’re willing to put in some work, there are a number of ways to sell your home quickly and for more money. And the first is knowing the most common mistakes made by sellers and doing the work to avoid them yourself.
In this episode, Loren, Chris, and Cassidy reveal the mistakes they’ve seen many sellers make. Save yourself a lot of time, money, and effort with your home sale – tune in!
What you’ll learn:
* The number one mistake when selling their house: not preparing it properly. This involves cleaning, maintaining, repairing, fixing, and all the other things that go behind making your house sale ready.
* The second mistake sellers make when selling your house: pricing the house too high. There are three pricing strategies you can adopt: Price your home right at the market, and you'll get the normal amount of buyers coming and have normal competition, Price it a bit lower than the competition, and you’ll create a feeding frenzy. Everybody would then see it as a deal, and may even end up driving the price up, or Overpricing, which is definitely not the way to go, especially in recent times as the buyers become savvier.
* The third mistake sellers make is not making their house available for showings as much as possible.
* The fourth mistake is not investing in an agent. A good agent will make sure you disclose things that you need to disclose and catch problems before they become a problem.
* The fifth mistake people make when selling their house is not considering their financial situation. Not considering the broader financial situation: the closing costs, concessions, fees, etc.
👇🏻Need some more help? Connect with us! 👇🏻