In this 2nd of back-to-back episodes of EvelChat with our buddy Stu McMillan, Derek & Stu discuss learning & skill acquisition.
- Stu’s a “People Person”
- Skill stability & the edges of the technical bandwidth
- Performance vs. learning sessions
- Variability & the range of accepted movement within a technical model
- The “problem in the hammer throw”
- Technique vs. Skill
- Development coaching vs. Elite coaching
- The content vs. the context of a movement
- Removing context to help an athlete learn more
- Challenging athletes to move more effectively
- Prescription vs. facilitation
- Changing an athlete’s technical model
- Guiding the athlete to solve their own technical solutions.