When the past sends you a text, you:
- respond happily and pick up where you left off.
- ignore it and possibly block them.
- run like the wind.
- break your phone, then change your number.
- Some of the above.
- None of the above.
In Episode 8 of Season 4, the Past makes a surprise appearance in my life while I navigate a new career opportunity, my singleness, am uncomfortable walk down social media memory lane, and my growing hypocrisy as it relates to one person in particular. Topics covered in this episode: managing expectations in relationships and managing emotions because of and despite past and present traumas.
IG: @datingafterdivorcesurvival & @ericlpayne
This episode is in loving and brotherly memory of Hasan Jelani Durley [July 6, 1974 - January 31, 2022] Learn more: https://www.gofundme.com/f/hasan-durley-love-offering
Thank you, for listening! If this is your first time:
- The best place to begin here is all the way that the beginning, Season One, Episode One. That way you won't feel the way I do when I get to a party a little late and everyone there is acting like they're best friends.
- Please subscribe and recommend this podcast to two people (2) who you think will enjoy it. Did I mention subscribing? Subscribe and never miss an episode.
- If you listen on Spotify, just hit the “Follow” button.
- Please, follow the Dating After Divorce music playlist to follow all the tunes that influenced my life while I was going through it: https://epayne.me/playlist
- Read my article, Dating In My Forties, over at Medium for free as a Friend of the Dating After Divorce Survival Guide. Read the article here. You can read all my articles on Medium at: medium.com/@ericpayne