Senator Weinberg is the Senate Majority Leader (D) in the New Jersey State Legislature and has held that post since 2012. Weinberg has been a member of the NJ Legislature for 28 years, serving in the Assembly from 1995 to 2005 and the Senate from 2005 to present.
In this one of a kind in depth discussion, Weinberg is not short on details as she walks through policy and accompanying stories, including:
- Public Service from the beginning, even before joining the Legislature.
- 2009 bid for Lieutenant Governor on the Weinberg-Corzine ticket.
- Bridgegate and her role investigating the issue.
- LGBTQ and Women's Equality and passion and policy from early on.
- Dynamics between Senator Weinberg as Majority Leader and Senate President, Senator Sweeney.
- Katie Brennan, sexual harassment, and pending Legislation as a result that the Senator is leading.
- NJ Transit from the beginning to now, pending Legislation Sponsored by Weinberg.
- Cannabis Legislation pending, thoughts on potential rollout across NJ.
- Is Senator Weinberg going to retire in 2021?
*Senator Weinberg becomes the first guest to break out the Champagne (literally) on the show!
Music, Instrumentals and Lyrics, provided by Jeiris Cook (@JeirisCook)
YouTube Channel: Please subscribe "Garden State Debate"