This bonus episode is our response to what’s happening in Ukraine.
It’s VERY low-fi – no jingles, no ads, and edited by Chloe!!! Because I wanted to get it out fast (this is hitting the airwaves a mere 2 hours after we recorded it), because we’re putting it out on multiple podcasts AND because it just feels totally wrong to put ads in an episode like this.
So what’s this episode about?
Earlier this week Matteo reached out to see if I’d be up for sharing what he and his team are doing to help in Ukraine – in his words “to help the professional network to fight this war”.
So we’re going to talk about how those eCommerce skills are being leveraged to help
And we’re also going to share how you can help Matteo and his team, AND I’ll share a couple of other clever ways to help that I’ve come across recently.
Yes, we are doing an episode on a war.
BUT if you’re a regular listener you’ll know my way of coping with big scary things is to get practical – so this is not going to be a ‘guilt-trip you into donating’ infomercial – more a celebration of some of the amazing people and things that are happening in response to the awfulness.
My aim is for this to be an inspiring and hopeful episode, not one that will make you sad. None of us needs more sadness.
In fact - I felt more positive after recording this than I did before!
My guest Matteo Grassi is ex-ShopifyPlus, the CEO and Co-Founder of Popup, a no-code eCommerce platform, AND co-founder and advisor to Viceroy Group a “humble and happy umbrella company of DTC brands” (great description from their LinkedIn profile!).
Between the two companies, they have team members from all over the world, including… Ukraine. So Matteo and the team have been quick to work out how they can help their own team members, AND leverage their skill sets to help the Ukrainian people cope with the day to day challenges of this war.
Here are the links to how you can help:
- Support Matteo’s work via Commerce4good at chloelink.com/commerce4good
- Get your Ukrainian designed Tshirt (and add a helpful tip!) at www.artists4good.store
- Hire Ukrainian talent at https://remoteukraine.org/
- Find real ways to help Ukraine from wherever you are in the world - chloelink.com/ukrainehelp
- What to do as a business guide – chloelink.com/ukrainebusiness
- And one last one… Simon Wharton is running 100k this month for the Disasters Emergency Committee so you could just sponsor him on his just giving page – chloelink.com/simon