Today’s guest is a female entrepreneur who’s really inspired me on my own entrepreneurial journey, both because she is an incredible leader and for her devotion to transparency and decency in an industry marred by unhealthy and immoral practices.
Anya Fernald is a pioneering sustainable food expert and the co-founder and CEO of Belcampo, a wellness adjacent wellness meat brand that truly cares about the health of their animals and how it affects your health. They built their own supply chain founded in 25,000 acres of pristine farmland at the base of Mt Shasta, with full ownership of our own processing facility right through our own retail shops — a glimpse at what a better meat supply system for our country and the world can look like.
You will learn about...
- (01:00) When Anya’s worldview shifted and she decided to start Belcampo
- (04:55) Regenerative farming practices
- (09:30) How beef is usually farmed in the USA Vs. How beef is farmed at Belcampo
- (12:05) Anya’s keto chicken cutlet
- (13:40) Doing everything with integrity to succeed
- (20:05) Animal wellness and human wellness are a single continuum
- (22:35) The life cycles of the animals at Belcampo farms
- (27:40) Why your health quickly starts to deteriorate when you eat low-quality meat
- (31:40) Why food guidelines ask us to cook meats to a higher internal temperature than should be necessary + why properly-grown raw meat isn’t dangerous
- (35:15) Non-negotiables at Belcampo (that you might not know about)
- (40:10) What is a heritage breed?
- (42:50) Entrepreneur tips: how to get everything done + take care of yourself
- (57:35) Creating systems for self-care — because that should be non-negotiable for all of us, even CEOs
- (01:06:55) What’s the future of Belcampo?
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media