Morgan Jackson is a Registered Nurse and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant who founded Prepared Beginnings because she is passionate about women and infant health, growth in motherhood, and seeing families thrive. I’m a month away from giving birth(!) and I don’t remember how to breastfeed, so I’ve been paying close attention to Morgan’s Instagram and all of the practical breastfeeding advice that she shares. Morgan’s also the mother of a beautiful boy and currently pregnant with baby number two, and I’m so excited to not just have this conversation but be going through this process alongside Morgan!
You will learn about...
- Breastfeeding isn’t as intuitive as a lot of people think
- It’s okay to ask for support!
- How to get ready for breastfeeding while you’re pregnant
- What all potential parents should know about the physiological benefits of breastfeeding for the parent
- How breastfeeding helps reduce your chances to get cancer and other diseases
- Local breastfeeding support: La Leche League International
- What to expect in the first few days after giving birth
- The different breastfeeding holds
- Oral anomalies like tongue ties
- What you need to know about pumping
- What to expect from a newborn’s poop
- How do you know if your baby is getting enough milk?
- Newborn weight fluctuation
- Breastfeeding red flags
- Storing breast milk
- Paced bottle feeding
- The best bottles available
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media