Dr. Amy Shah is a double board-certified MD with training from Cornell, Columbia, and Harvard. She was named one of MindBodyGreen’s Top 100 women in wellness to watch in 2015, and she’s been proving them right in the five years since! Dr. Shah focuses on gut health, inflammation, and intermittent fasting, and today she’s going to share how we can address each one of those categories.
Intermittent fasting for women, in particular, is an issue I know people have a lot of questions about, so I am ecstatic to be able to share this episode and clear up some of the misinformation out there.
You will learn about...
- (1:48) Dr. Shah’s advice for nurturing your health during the coronavirus pandemic
- (2:40) How can someone determine if they have a healthy gut microbiome and what can we do to cultivate gut health in the long-term?
- (5:35) How Dr. Shah helps patients who are experiencing issues with their bowel movements
- (6:40) Intermittent fasting for women: how do you know if it’s right for you?
- (13:40) Eating in the circadian window
- (16:50) How Dr. Shah takes care of herself and her family, even with a busy schedule
- (22:40) How to avoid snacking late at night
- (25:20) What is autophagy and how can we leverage it?
- (30:45) Why Dr. Shah doesn’t recommend being in ketosis all the time
- (35:30) Keto treats that are also good for you gut
- (39:30) Why Dr. Shah is a fan of (some) alcohol and caffeine
- (46:00) Fasting workouts
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media