Geri Hirsch and I were both invited to speak at an event at LOOM — an awesome place where both of us took some classes to help prepare us for motherhood — and Geri shared a powerful story about her marriage that really made me stop and think. And as I listened to this story and pondered the nature of trauma, I knew I had to talk to her on the show!
Geri is also the Creative Director of the clean makeup line Saie Beauty and owner of the Neighborhood Coffee Shop. She’s spent the last 15 years immersed in the beauty blogging world, and since her journey to motherhood, she’s tapped more specifically into clean beauty and become one of the foremost clean beauty connoisseurs!
You will learn about...
- When Geri’s husband had a heart attack at the age of 37 while doing everything you’re supposed to do to stay healthy
- Why Geri’s husband had a sudden heart attack
- The most important thing that EVERYBODY should do in case of emergency: set up the Medical ID on your phone!
- Being made aware of our loved ones’ mortality
- Lifestyle changes to deal with Hashimoto’s disease
- How transcendental meditation has changed Geri’s life
- Nurturing the energy in your home
- 5 things you can do right now to create a non-toxic environment for your family
- What Geri’s life was like before founding her own company, LEAFtv (which was acquired) + what her life is like now
- Creating content for Instagram
- What’s going on at Neighborhood Coffee Shop
- How do you find the right people to follow when everyone has a platform?
- Do you put your child online or not?
Connect with Kelly:
Be Well By Kelly is a production of Crate Media