How do you expand your membership when many people who could be members don’t know it? How do you support your membership when they are called upon to solve society’s ills? How do you communicate your value and relevance and thrive as an organization?
In this episode of Associations Thrive host Joanna Pineda interviews Vince Talucci, Executive Director and CEO of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP). Vince introduces the IACP, shares his journey to becoming ED and CEO, and then shares how the IACP is thriving through:
- A new governance structure that expanded the definition of who could be a member
- Being part of the conversation at the local, state and national levels when it comes to policing and community safety
- Communicating member value all the time, not just when times are good or bad
- Creating topical resources and guides on the most important policing topics, and making this guidance available in a timely manner
- Model policies that members can download, use and modify
- Being selective about the grants they apply for and doing amazing things with the grant money they receive