On Causepods today, we welcome Rabbi Richard F. Address from the Jewish Sacred Aging community and the host of the Seekers of Meaning Podcast. As an older member of his community, one that continues to grow and evolve in the modern age, Rabbi Richard found the medium of podcasting a potentially life changing limb that he could extend to those in need. Approaching an assortment of topics that concern the older generation including the obvious ideas of caregiving and death, the podcast aims to offer information and solace from the scripture and tradition of Judaism, for the modern condition.
The Rabbi believes that the audio and preparation of conversation is a great way to connect with a generation who grew up next to a radio and might now be entering the final stages of their lives. In our conversation we cover some background on Sacred Aging and Seekers of Meaning before getting down to questions around audience, audio and technology. We also chat about the doors that starting a podcast has opened and the strategies that have been used to get the word out about the show. For all this and much more inspiring content, be sure to join us!
• The aims of the organization in which the Rabbi is involved. (01:19)
• The unique set of challenges that face the work of Sacred Aging. (02:39)
• How the audio format suits Rabbi Richard’s older audience. (07:44)
• Keeping the podcast accessible for the less tech savvy. (09:35)
• The opportunities that have arisen from starting the podcast. (10:43)
• The strategies useful in helping to grow a new podcast. (12:00)
• Live podcast recording at conventions and events. (15:08)
• Rabbi Richard’s advice to others thinking about starting a podcast. (17:01)
• Why the audience should tune into Seekers of Meaning. (20:49)
And much more!
Support Jewish Sacred Aging
See the show notes and a transcript at http://www.causepods.org/podcast/rabbi-richard
Thanks for Listening!
And feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.
For help, resources, and community support, please join the Causecasters’ Facebook Group if you are already producing podcasts for a cause or are thinking about launching one.
And if you would like to be a guest on Causepods, please fill out this form.